Join Mixologist Stefan Gitschner of Twisted Spoon Cocktail Co. in a master class on cocktail classics, basic bar tending techniques and using local and wild ingredients you can use to make cocktails at home!
He will be shaking things up and adding a “Twist” on cocktail classics using locally sourced ingredients. Stefan will also teach you the basics of bar tending, garnishing techniques and bar terminology!
For this SIP Series virtual workshop, Stefan shows you how to make a classic Margarita, his very own ‘Twisted’ Swizzle and a Classic Gin Fizz (vegan version) with a Twist…
Grab your shakers and round up these ingredients and tools. Don’t worry if you do not have all the tools, you can use other household items to make these tasty libations.
For more information, visit Twisted Spoon’s website: http://www.twistedspoon.rocks // Instagram // Facebook
- Tequila – Stefan recommends El Jimador Reposado (Goslings)
- Gold and Black Seal Rum (Goslings)
- Gin – he recommends Bermuda Gin Co. Rooftop Gin or the Pink House Gin – flavored Gins welcome! (BGC)
- Triple Sec – he recommends Cointreau (Goslings) *this ingredient is optional
Tools Needed: *Many of these can be purchased at The Chef’s Shop
- Metal Shaker (Boston Shaker, if you don’t have a shaker you can use a ball jar)
- Cocktail Strainer (if no strainer no stress, most of these cocktails can be “dirty poured”)
- Citrus Press (alternately you can use the “fork” method”)
- Jigger or measuring cups (1/4 cup = 2 oz)
- Cutting Board and Knife
- Glassware of your choosing
- 6x Limes – when picking limes, give them a squeeze, the softer, the more juice!
- 6x Lemons – same as above
- 1 can of Chick Peas – chick peas removed, save the water
- Pineapple Juice -preferably fresh, as you can use the fronds as a garnish
- Orange Juice – any brand works
- Salt – avoid using table salt, Kosher or Semi-coarse ground is best
- Sugar – make a simple syrup 1:1 ratio hot water to sugar, stir well
- Soda Water
- Wild Surinam Cherries (1lbs) – if brave, use simple syrup method above and make a Surinam Cherry Syrup, double strain to separate liquid.
- Wild All Spice Leaves (8-12)
- Agave Syrup *optional
- Mint for Garnish *optional
Cocktail Classics with Stefan Gitschner | Virtual SIP SERIES Workshop Now Available On Demand
Thanks to donors like you, Family Centre has been able to provide critical services for children and families in Bermuda for 30 years. We expect an increase in the need for our family strengthening services as we emerge from shelter in place requirements, and as a result of COVID-19.
The minimum donation for this SIP Series class is $25.
Thank you in advance for your support of Family Centre!
Please email us at email@example.com if you would prefer to make a pay for your class by direct deposit.
Register now to receive instant access to this virtual class.
Please check out the rest of the classes in our SIP Series by visiting https://www.tfc.bm/sipseries