Seeking a Part Time Youth Worker
Updated: July 13, 2023
Family Centre (Pembroke, Bermuda) is seeking a Part Time Youth Worker.
Candidates must offer the following:
- A related bachelor’s degree and a minimum of two years of experience in youth development and behaviour support.
- Strong interpersonal and youth engagement skills are essential.
- Experience delivering youth group programmes, self- motivated, creative, and able to adapt quickly to changing plans.
- A passion for being a change agent in a person’s life and a commitment to working in a culturally sensitive and supportive manner at all times.
- Willingness to work flexible hours, work independently, maintaining Family Centre standards and participate in continued professional development.
- A valid Bermuda Driver’s License, a safe driving record, and willingness to obtain a Bermuda community service driver’s license.
Major duties and responsibilities include:
- Provide community programme (out-of-school time) co- lead responsibilities for: Beyond Programmes (Rugby and Yoga) and Youth Leadership Academy Programmes for 15-20 hours per week.
- Utilize dynamic risk assessment and programme guidelines to ensure high quality youth programming accreditation and safety standards are met.
- Participation in projects, celebrations, and information sessions.
- Develop and maintain a positive rapport with parents of youth in community programmes; inform parents of challenges and successes of youth.
- Coordinate with Community Partners in the development and delivery of activities related to programme outcomes.
- Maintain appropriate documentation.
- Assist in carrying out performance quality improvement tasks.
Interested Applicants should respond to the Director of Community Services, Leila Wadson via e-mail to email@example.com by July 17, 2023. Alternatively, please apply via Bermuda Job Board: https://www.bermudajobboard.bm
Application must include a cover letter, resume and three letters of reference to be considered.
Position to start September 2023.
Seeking a Chief Operations Officer
Updated: February 20, 2023
Family Centre (Pembroke, Bermuda) is seeking a Chief Operations Officer.
The Chief Operations Officer (COO) will work with management leadership to assess capacity and resources required to carry out day to day departmental objectives. The COO oversees all operational and administrative functions, and the functions that support Programmes and Services.
Candidates must have a Master’s degree in organisational management, or a Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of ten years of experience in organisational management, with demonstrated proficiency in computer productivity software. Strong organisational, administrative, communication, analytical, and interpersonal skills required. Demonstrated and proven leadership qualities. Must possess knowledge, skills, temperament, and ability to train/mentor staff.
- Office management (including information technology systems)
- Facility management
- Human Resource administration and Performance management
- Fiscal management
- Organisational compliance
- Supervision of the administration team
Interested Applicants should respond to the Executive Director, Dr. Sandy De Silva, via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 31, 2023.
Alternatively, please apply via Bermuda Job Board: https://www.bermudajobboard.bm
Include a resume and 3 written professional recommendations to be considered.