Family Centre Therapeutic Groups and Social Skills Groups are part of our menu of Counselling Services for children and teens in Bermuda. These groups are run after-school and are designed to increase children’s and teens’ social and communication skills so that they can better self-regulate and develop healthy relationships. Groups are created around various themes appropriate for different developmental stages. Children and adolescents learn through direct discussion, as well as role-playing and therapeutic games and activities with peers designed to introduce and strengthen specific social-emotional skills.
Here is what participants are saying about Family Centre’s Therapeutic Groups:
“I am Powerful” Girls Group
• “I learned how to express my feelings to other people.”
• “I learned how to cope with my anxiety.”
• “I learned how to be aware of my feelings and be confident.”
“Brotherhood” Boys Group
• “I learned about confidentiality.”
• “I liked group because it was fun. I learned not to be afraid to speak.”
• “I liked to share my feelings with my friends. I learned that some people have some stuff that they need to share.”
• “I enjoyed group because it unlocks the potential. I learned to always be nice to others.”
Therapeutic Groups and Social Skills Groups are part of Family Centre Counselling Services.
Photos: Family Centre Counselling Team facilitating Therapeutic Groups. Pictured are Ge’Von Greaves, Carissa Darrell, and Rishee Paschal.
Stay tuned for upcoming therapeutic groups. Contact Family Centre at 232-1116 for more information.